Many miners know that in addition of skills, fitting and modules, yield is time dependant. Each Strip Miner module will only deactivate at the end of its cycle even if the targeted roid has almost nothing left in it. Knowing when you should cut off lasers could greatly improve yield as you can finish a roid on time and quickly switch to another before Strip Miner cycle ends. This is the purpose of this mining timer software tool:
Step 1 – Configuring: when page is loaded the first time, you have to configure the followings in “Fitted Strip Miners“:
- Select how many Strip Miners are fitted on your ship (ie: 2 for Mackinaw / 3 for Hulk – Sofware assumes only use of modules for Exhumers with a cycle time of 180s).
- Type in the “Mining amount” per Strip Miner. Use “show info” on one of your modules when you get all bonuses from Mining Foreman, Director and/or Industrial Capital Ship remote links (in show info use “Mining amount” for “Strip Miner I” or “Specialty Crystal Mining Amount” for “Modulated Strip Miner II” fitted with crystals).
Step 2 – Using this tool:
- Select the kind of roid you have targeted in the “ORE“ drop list.
- Type in “ORE qty” the quantity of ORE in the targeted roid. Use a “Survey Scanner” module for that purpose.
- Hit “Calculate” or “Calculate & Start” – (see notes bellow).
The page is refreshed with calculated information in “Cycle Data” array:
- Total volume of the roid to be mined.
- Total mining time.
- Current cycle timer with pie chart (if you manage the timer – see below).
- How many cycle(s) to do the job with bargraph (if you manage the timer – see below).
- A pie chart which graphically indicates the last cycle. This is a visual indication of when you can shut off lasers.
You can start a timer at the same time you start lasers (click button “Calculate & Start” instead of just “Calculate“).
- Each second the “Current cycle timer” will decrease and its green pie chart will be updated up to 180s. When the counter switches to the last cycle, the “Current cycle timer“ pie chart disappears and the “Last cycle” pie is available.
- “Remaining cycle(s)” bargraph is full for mining operation from 6 cycles and more. Each time a full cycle ends (180s) the “Remaining cycle(s)” and associated green bargraph will decrease of 1. The last division of the bargraph becomes yellow at the start of the last cycle or when the total remaining time is <= 30s. At the end of the process, the last division switch to red.
- Last cycle … ends soon -
So in just an eye blink you can check where your cycle is and know if you have time for something else to do before the next roid switch.
- End of cycle -
You only have to change the kind of and roid quantity in “ORE“ to issue a new calculation. This can be done at any time.
On the same roid you can get at any time the remaining quantity with the “Survey Scanner”, type it in “Ore qty” and quickly launch a new “Calculate” for control purpose. This can be useful if you previously lost fleet bonus during some times in a cycle. Anyway the timer function cannot be used in this context because it cannot be synchonized with lasers cycle.
If during cycle lasers becomes unsynchronized with the timer you can use the “Clear timer” command. This will restore values on screen the same manner as if you previously only did a “Calculate“.
- All Strip Miners should be activated on the same roid.
- Keep in mind that if the Fleet Booster dock in station or leaves your system you will temporarily lose his bonuses. In this case time should be extended.
- This tool can be run within the EVE ingame browser and is designed to not take much screen space. So you can keep it active somewhere and use it as required.
- As I personnaly use this tool while mining, I upgrade it when I get new ideas. It is so possible that this help file could be temporarily outdated regarding the running software.
- This software has no interaction with the game at anytime.
The “Ore” text near the drop list is a link to a “Ore-Chart” list condensed to near the same space as the main screen. This list open in a new page so you can easily switch betweens.
- Ore Chart -
In the list of developments schedule:
- Jettison can timer.
New improvements ideas are welcome, use contact form.